Autobiographical Essay, 6 strategies revealed for writing an Autobiographical Essay that will achieve you the desired grade.
What Is An Autobiographical Essay?
An autobiographical essay is an account of writer’s own life. In an autobiographical essay, the writer describes his past memories and experiences, activities, hobbies, etc.
Write Autobiographical Essay?
An autobiographical essay is an indispensable task that students have to undergo. It is most needed when it comes to taking admissions in high school or college. Therefore learning how to writing an autobiographical essay has a vital importance in any student’s career.
How To Write Autobiographical Essay?
There are 6 most effective tips explained on writing autobiographical essay that gets you high grades and admission in the college of your choice.
- First of all, select a particular theme that you think the others would like to know you about or a theme that covers a brighter and positive area of your life. It is necessary because an autobiographical essay does not surround your whole life but some of it. For example:
You can restrict your theme to:
- Your activities
- Unforgettable events
- The firsts
- Now make an outline that expands your theme most.
- Since it is a narrative essay too, make it as much descriptive as possible. Your reader may see you alive in through your words.
- Although it is your personal narrative and use of “I” is inevitable, do not overuse it. Try to use some other pronouns too where possible.
“I felt that he was angry at me when I accidentally collided against his shoulder.”
Instead you may express it as;
“He seemed angry at the accidental collision.”
- Make an attention grabbing and relevant heading so the reader is quickly attracted to read it.
- Check and double-check your autobiographical essay and edit if necessary.
Autobiographical Essay Outline
Here is the most possible autobiographical essay outline that describes each and every aspect of writing an autobiographical essay. It is not necessary to include every title in your autobiographical essay.
Introduction Para Of Autobiographical Essay
In introduction paragraph of autobiographical essay, the person gives an account of his personal details such as name, birthplace, age, personality traits explaining why you have them.
Here the details regarding family are illustrated. The writer gives a brief account of his parents and siblings. Why he likes his family and strong relations ha has with them. He may tell about some of his relatives too.
In this paragraph, you should explain briefly about your closest and best friends. You may write how long have they been your friends and what is special about them.
The Very First Experiences Of Your Life
In this paragraph of autobiographical essay, you can write about your past memories concerning with your experiences which you did first time in your life. These experiences could be:
- First bicycle riding
- First day at school/college
- First football/baseball game
- Your very first birthday celebration in your memory
- Your first love
- Your first job
In this autobiographical essay paragraph, you need to describe your activities telling what you do or have to do throughout the day. It may include your hobbies and interests.
This paragraph will have an account of any unforgettable event in your life focusing on what and why it happened and why you it has stuck to your memory. These memories could be:
- Winning moments
Write An Autobiographical Essay – Further Focus
You can write more in your autobiographical essay in detail focusing the following given titles:
- Your future aims
- A poem which describes you best
Writing Autobiographical Essay Length
The common length of an autobiographical essay ranges from 1000 to 3000 words. In order to achieve the required autobiographical essay length it is very important to make a proper outline before you start writing the autobiographical essay.