Selecting a term paper topic is literally a challenging and tough task to accomplish, but somehow or else you have to do it at some stage of your academic career; be it school, college or university.
Here is a definite solution to all troubles you have to face when you have to decide your term paper topic.
Brainstorming To Select Term Paper Topic
Brainstorming is one of the most effective techniques to generate ideas. You should go through the following resources in order to brainstorm.
- Current periodicals
- Current magazines
- Recent articles
- Television news
Focus The Term Paper Topic:
The next vital step to select a term paper topic is to focus and narrow down the idea. While brainstorming, you will come across general term paper topics. Having decided your term paper topic, you should analyze it critically to narrow down the topic.
Do’s Of Selecting Term Paper Topic
- The topic should be of your interest since it keeps you engrossed and motivated till you finish your project.
- It should present vast scope and chance to discover more and more about it. But it is a very sensitive decision because you might select the one which becomes difficult to narrow down.
- It should make a debatable issue or controversy.
Don’ts Of Selecting Term Paper Topic
- Don’t choose a topic which does not have much information available about it, because you may land in trouble when you start collecting data and write on it.
- Don’t select a topic which is too controversial that it becomes difficult for you to sum up the controversies.
- Don’t pick a topic which is commonplace and worn out.
- Brainstorm through different information sources.
- Choose the term paper topic that interests you most.
- Select such a term paper topic that can be narrowed down.
- The topic should have enough information available.
- Don’t pick a term paper topic that has been used many times