Thesis Structure, Have you structured your THESIS well enough?
Imagine how you would feel if your thesis is not appreciated just because of one problem — “
Structure OF THESIS”
How to structure a thesis is one major problem while writing it; and imagine if your thesis is rejected because of improper structure. How it will shatter your confidence when you are ready to receive an overwhelming applause, instead, you receive a REJECTION for the thesis you sweated blood to write. This is indeed disheartening.
Let me help you by putting it in simple and organized steps. Just go through this page and unlock the secrets of a well-structured thesis.
Thesis Writing Structure
A title should have the following information:
- Title (including subtitle)
- Date of delivery
- Research mentor
- Mentor’s institution
An abstract gives details of thesis in brief. It states what and why you conducted the very research, methods, results and important suggestions. It consists of 1 or 2 paragraphs.
Table Of Contents
- List all headings and subheadings with page numbers
- Indent subheadings
List Of Figures And Tables:
Number all figures and tables and cite in the text as figure 1, figure 2, table 1, table 2, etc.
Introductory Paragraph Of Your Thesis:
In the introductory paragraph of thesis, you should use some interesting sentences to motivate your reader to read the paper further. You should cite earlier research in the same area of study, mentioning those who had the ideas first, and those who have done the latest and related work. Then you should give explanation why more work is necessary in the field.
In methodology section of thesis, you map out the fundamentals or the format of methodology that you would use for research. You should state the following information:
- Overview of the approach you will use in conducting your research.
- What analytical procedure you will use to draw result.
- A detailed explanation of how you will collect the required information.
- Illustrate your research perspective regarding past, present, or probable future points of view.
- Mention research methodology you will use describing their relevance and appropriateness.
- What steps can be taken to solve the problem.
- Supplementary research to fill in gaps.
- Guidelines for future investigations on this or associated area of research.
Acknowledge all the people who helped you in your thesis.
- Technically (including materials, supplies)
- Intellectually (assistance, advice)
- Financially (for example, departmental support, travel grants)
You should cite all ideas, text, statistics, information that you used in your thesis in accordance with the required citation style.
It is the final part of your thesis and includes format and types of the documents, papers and forms which you used to collect the data during study.
Final Thoughts On
- You should structure your thesis in above mentioned way.
- Divided your thesis into different sections. (Use a sample thesis for help.)
- Revise your thesis twice or thrice to check for if there is any disorder in organization.
- Presentation of thesis must be good such as binding, beautiful title page, fonts, any highlighted matter, etc.
- Ask your friends or seniors to give their comments about the structure of your thesis.